Friday, November 25, 2011
Tuesday, October 18, 2011
Friday, September 23, 2011
Unfortunately, it's hard to get people to the post comments.
Monday, July 04, 2011
Social media is frequently used by the youth group and seemed like a natural arena for learning. We have tested various methods to develop learning in social media In the Rucola project. We have used Blogger in Vara Lyftet. Blogger is a blog feature that is easy to use and where you can make simple websites. Vara Lyftet has its own website on Blogger, as well as two sub-websites for each part of the project. The Entrepreneurship education is totally based on Blogger www.varaungentreprenor.eu and the page has 13 different underpages. Each of the 13 pages is designed to develop a specific entrepreneurial skills such as creativity or I-can-attitude. The participants have also made their own pages where they document their learning, even those pages are built in Blogger.
Working in social media is a constant learning and our entire web system is constantly evolving. The participants have developed several pages on their own and the number of pages seems to be growing all the time.
- Focus at one tool if the aim is to build something. Use several tools if the purpose is to do marketing. LindkedIn and Facebook is good for marketing, but not if you're going to build an education or collect a lot of information.
- If the social media doesn’t work as planned, drop it and try a new one. We tried to build an education in LinkedIn, but our participants found it to difficult to manage. It is important to have an easily administered tool. It was important for us because we wanted a lot of people to use the tool and we also wanted the participants to learn each other how to use it.
- The things you write or put into social media don’t need to be perfect, it’s simply a part of the training and it also opens the opportunity for other people to reflect, comment, and the participants uses each others skills to make things better and better.
- It is important to have a clear goal - where are we going? To have control over process is impossible when you introduce many participants into the development process. We have seen clearly how the process has taken a different path than we had expected, but we re still moving towards the target.
- This process came to an end (if processes can) in the end of may and we decided to complete
the education, with 100 steps, all published in social media.
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
The purpose with this project is to show our users how to use social media to get information and interact with other people. They can read about other people´s favorite books and write some suggestions and comments of their own. We also want people to learn how to use the library website so they can make book reservations, extend their loan period, use our databases and so on.
Later this year we are going to arrange an evening where some of the staff and some of our users talk about their favorite books. At the same time you have the opportunity to eat a nice and warm cup of soup. We think that it is important for us to help our users to discover the joy of reading.
Monday, June 13, 2011
We decided to use Facebook because it´s so well known and our library already use it. We have a number of followers who are interested in our activities and our work. We made a new Facebook account for Boklådan and invited all the followers of the Library Facebook. Then we found out about Tumblr.com and now we use that because when we write something on Tumblr it also shows on Facebook and Twitter at the same time. We also have a link from the website of the Library so you can easily find Boklådan from there. We made a marketing plan to follow so that people in our community should know about Boklådan. The local newspapers came and wrote about the project, we made posters, we talked with our users and we wrote about it on our website. When we begin to do small films about books we use Photo Story 3. It´s easy to use when you want to work with pictures and sound. We look forward to work with Boklådan and it will be interesting to see how our users are going to use it.
Sunday, June 12, 2011
We published Boklådan on Facebook in May 2011 and after 3 months we have 43 followers.
We try to publish something on Tumblr every day. For now we are 3 administrators who have responsibility for the site. Our followers are beginning to make comments and suggestions of their own now.